Background of co-organiser
Dot Dot Fire is a young and energetic startup developing EdGame programmes. These programmes integrate video games, hands-on learning, learning and teaching guides, and data analytics into a seamless educational experience that generates motivation and creates room for every teacher to nurture empathetic learners and for every student to achieve success in learning.
Their team is diverse and multi-disciplinary, and their culture is one that treasures potential as much as credentials. They are an eclectic mix featuring retired principals, a former corporate executive, PhD candidates, and a pilot. Are you ready for an (ad)venture?
Dot Dot Fire’s first programme, an EdGame in Aviation geared at tackling STEM education, began deployment in July 2018 for their first batch of participating schools. Currently, Dot Dot Fire is looking for creative minds and fresh insights towards new EdGame programmes in both mainstream and interdisciplinary subjects.
This project encompasses the following:
Part I – EdGame Worskhop (3 half-day contact hours)
- An introduction to Dot Dot Fire’s EdGame programmes
- EdGame facilitation session(s) for your peers and/or students, with guidance from our Advisors (former principals of secondary schools)
Part II – EdGame Design (3 half-day contact hours)
- Brainstorming an EdGame based on a topic of any chosen subject, in collaboration with Dot Dot Fire’s development team
- Developing a quick sketch-up of your EdGame (Word, PPT, Video, or any other format)
- Planning potential learning and teaching deployment (2-page Word)