Background of co-organiser
Boaz International Education is founded based on a belief from everyone has talent, even children with special needs. 2018 marks the fifth year of Boaz, and over the four years, Boaz has sustained a passion of changing world of how special needs students are being perceived.
Instead of drilling kids with what they are weak at, Boaz provides an alternative for learning: from Innovative Dyslexia Training to dyslexics-tailored curriculum grounded on a strength-based approach combining visual-kinesthetic learning strategies with the local syllabus adaptations. In the long run, Boaz aims to empower each learner to become an independent learner in one year and a half to two years. Up to their fourth year, Boaz has served more than one thousand students and has conducted various talks and seminars at both local and international schools, universities, education bureau and various NGOs.
“If children do not learn the way we teach, we teach the way they learn” is driving the spirit of Boaz, to become a pioneer of educational institute.
[Study Myth] Day Camp
Features of the camp:
- [Why do I need to study?] Helping kids in knowing their future direction!
- Through the appreciation and participation in different kind of occupations, understand the relationship between current study and future occupation.
- Thinking via different angles, the students would consider the difficulty and contribution to the society from people at all sectors, setting their own value and learning target.
- The students would get rid of the basic technique of collecting information by exploring the poverty problem of Hong Kong.
Duties of HKU students:
- To assist in leading the camp for kids from 6-14 years old and above