Background of Co-organiser
Walk in Hong Kong is the city’s leading cultural enterprise. We are known for our wonderful storytelling. We make what could be dry history lessons into memorable experiences, rooted in Hong Kong’s people and culture. Our walking tours are well loved by travellers, corporates, schools, families, and locals alike.
Our vision does not stop there. Despite our small scale, we are an influential advocate for heritage conservation and driving social changes. In 2016, our team successfully lobbied for a Grade 1 historic building status for State Theatre in North Point, helping preserve one of the city’s most important theatrical venues. In 2017, Walk in Hong Kong won the HSBC Youth Business Gold Award, an important recognition of our enterprising effort.
Interns will learn to develop a school pitching plan and design virtual learning experiences for primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong. They may have chances to co-host or even lead the online events under Walk In Hong Kong staff’s guidance.
Purposes and Expectations
- To hone the communication and multimedia skills of the interns
- To design a series of fun and interactive online experiences to meet schools’ needs
- To raise the social awareness of the students about their own community
- To facilitate the community’s bond through community-based storytelling and virtual experiences.
Primary and secondary school teachers and students
Work to Do
- Develop a school pitching plan, including emails, phone call messages, promotional blurb on online platforms and sharing sessions at schools where necessary
- Design online experience materials, such as tour itineraries that fit schools’ requirements and syllabus, interactive activities as well as topics and content of talks/seminars
- Carry out interviews with kaifong if possible
- Determine suitable assessment method and ways of giving critique/feedback.