Background of Co-organiser
Buddhist To Chi Fat She Yeung Yat Lam Memorial School (mild grades intellectual disabilities) currently teaches Primary One to Secondary Six students, and there are 16 classes with 240 students in total. It is an HKU CAiSE SAME Network Project School, promoting inclusive education and catering of diversity needs.
Main concerns in 2021-2024:
- Develop “learning, teaching and evaluation” to cater for students’ learning diversity and enhance the effectiveness of learning and teaching; and
- Establish systematic and comprehensive growth support to cultivate students’ positive values.
Students are expected to:
- try out up-to-date learning approaches with school teachers;
- co-plan and co-teach as a supporting role;
- prepare teaching and learning materials; and
- experience the cycle of teaching, learning and assessment of students with learning disabilities.