Background of Co-organiser
Outdoor Wildlife Learning Hong Kong (OWLHK) is a professional environmental education organization established in 2016 and became a registered charity in Hong Kong (IR file no.:91/16831). We aim at promoting environmental education and conservation in Hong Kong through outdoor education.
- To promote the use of diverse, interactive and high-effectiveness outdoor education approaches in environmental education;
- To establish a holistic understanding of Hong Kong ecology and biodiversity among public;
- To promote love for nature and encourage public participation in environmental protection; and
- To advance and integrate local ecological research and environmental education.
This EL project offers precious opportunities for:
- exploring knowledge, practices and trends in environmental education and conservation
- gaining first-hand experience for designing, executing and evaluating environmental education programmes
- connecting practitioners and broadening the network in the field
Students are expected to:
- assist in the design, execution and evaluation of education programmes and projects
- assist in publicity including managing social platforms
- assist in administration works which are related to education programme deliveries
- provide preparation and on-site support in various education projects
- assist in research in environmental education and conservation practices