Background of Co-organiser
Inter Cultural Education (ICE) is a Hong Kong social enterprise aiming to promote global awareness and mutual understanding of people from different cultural background through face-to-face interaction.
Even as the world becomes closer through international trade and cheaper flights, we are seeing a huge spike in xenophobic behaviour, racism and discrimination against the minorities. The economy may have benefitted immensely from globalisation but many people are not equipped with the skills and knowledge to live in this new era. We believe that by connecting people across different cultures and backgrounds, we can foster a deeper understanding through intercultural interaction and make the world a better and more peaceful place for our future generations. ICE has worked with more than 112 institutions and impacted more than 39,255 students. ICE has recently worked with Ocean Park and Cathay Pacific on a Sustainable Development Programme.
Students are expected to:
- support new programme initiatives design and assist in developing and implementing online cross cultural lessons series for local students;
- create lesson plans and agenda to ensure lessons are done interactively online with a database of over 1,000 volunteers around the world;
- conduct project evaluation (quantitative and qualitative); and
- work with people from more than 10 nationalities.
Notes to project details:
- If the participating students are not too experienced on stage, ICE will train them up as co-trainers first, then they can be the main trainers of the lesson if they are confident enough.
- If students are more interested in the content designing, they will observe ICE’s projects first and either improve/create new lesson plans according to demand of the customers.