Background of Co-organiser
TWGHs Wong Fung Ling College is an aided school in Ma On Shan. In 2017, a teacher selected to be the innovative teacher in the teacher fellows of InnoPower@JC: Fellowship for Teachers and Social Workers and has launched The TWGHS Wong Fung Ling College Jockey Club MAKER+ Innovative Curriculum Programme (MAKER+). In order to address the learning motivation of students, the programme incorporates “Learning by Doing” and “Design Thinking” and aims to empower students for enhancing the ownership of learning by bringing them into the state of flow.
The programme aims to nurture students to equip 21st century generic skills, i.e. curiosity, creativity, empathy, self-directed learning and resilience via designing thinking and learning by doing.
To support the programme development, interns are expected to:
- assist in developing reflection tools, team building and developing teaching kits for specific case(s) or lesson(s);
- assist in the general operation for the programme;
- prepare materials for the social media platform (Facebook, Instagram, and webpage etc.);
- work as group facilitators and assist in students’ learning; and
- communicate with NGOs to obtain cooperation opportunities.
Interns will learn design thinking and basic maker skills in the programme.