Background of co-organiser
Boaz International Education is founded based on a belief from everyone has talent, even children with special needs. 2018 marks the fifth year of Boaz, and over the four years, Boaz has sustained a passion of changing world of how special needs students are being perceived.
Instead of drilling kids with what they are weak at, Boaz provides an alternative for learning: from Innovative Dyslexia Training to dyslexics-tailored curriculum grounded on a strength-based approach combining visual-kinesthetic learning strategies with the local syllabus adaptations. In the long run, Boaz aims to empower each learner to become an independent learner in one year and a half to two years. Up to their fourth year, Boaz has served more than one thousand students and has conducted various talks and seminars at both local and international schools, universities, education bureau and various NGOs.
“If children do not learn the way we teach, we teach the way they learn” is driving the spirit of Boaz, to become a pioneer of educational institute.
Objective of the project:
- Participant will analyze and understand the academic needs of children with special education needs;
- Participant will observe and understand the different ways of learning for children with special education needs.
- Participant will help develop training materials.
Tuesday – Friday, 12:00-20:00
Saturday, 1000 – 1800
Duties of HKU students:
- To study, analyze, and understand the academic needs of children with special education needs;
- To develop appropriate teaching resources;
- To interact with kids with special education needs; and
- To support general administrative work of the centre, assigned by direct supervisor.