Background of co-organiser
Ocean Park is Hong Kong’s unique home grown theme park with a heritage of delivering family fun and fond memories. Since its opening in January 1977 as a non-profit organisation, Ocean Park has developed itself to be a world-class attraction connecting people with nature, and gained consistent recognition for its animal husbandry, research and relationship with the community. More than 130 million people have visited Hong Kong’s premier park since its inception, and Ocean Park has remained committed to offering adults and children experiences that blend entertainment with education and conservation. Being the education arms of Ocean Park, the Education Department has been providing quality Science and Conservation offerings to schools and the public since 1992.
PGDE students will be assistants for leading and implementing core and non-core activities and experiences for children in a small group setting, covering topics like animal, character building, leadership and other enriching activities. They will also assist for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in their groups.
- Assist in organizing and leading a variety of small and large group activities;
- Assist in creating a positive rapport with all campers and peers;
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship, have good moral character, patience and a high level of maturity;
- Assist in identifying and respond to camper behaviour issues;
- Assist in maintaining the camp zones are kept clean, organized and free of litter;
- Assist in keeping accurate programme records including incident reports and daily attendance;
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp and all programme areas; and
- Know, enforce and follow all the safety guidelines associated with the camp and all programme areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Good command of both written and Spoken English and Chinese;
- Enjoy outdoor activities; willingness to work with children; be out-going, responsible, active, customer-oriented, with good interpersonal and communication skills, passionate in education
- Able to interact with campers aged with 4-8 years old;
- Aged 18 or above; and
- Permanent resident of HKSAR or with a valid work visa.
A COMPULSORY full day training session on weekend will be arranged in March (date: tbc).
- Camp schedule: https://el.edu.hku.hk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2019/01/Spring-Camp.jpg
- Students are required to work for at least two level 1 camps or one level 2 camp
- Age range of participants for different camp levels:
- Level 1: 4-5 yrs
- Level 2: 6-8 yrs