Background of co-organiser
Ho Koon Nature Education cum Astronomical Centre (sponsored by Sik Sik Yuen) was established by Sik Sik Yuen in April 1995 and provides various academic levels of Biology & Geography Residential Field Studies Courses to all secondary schools. As an educational and resource centre, Ho Koon Centre aims at increasing students’ knowledge and interests in issues relating to the environment, nature and the universe. It also seeks to assist students to study the relationship between mankind, nature and the universe, in order to enhance their appreciation of nature.
Assist in developing a database of “Invisible Biological World” which involve the following tasks:
- Recording and editing wildlife sounds;
- High speed videography of fast biological actions and respective editing;
- Time lapse photography of slow biological actions and respective editing;
- Infrared thermography of biological objects and biological actions;
- Microphotography and videography of biological objects and phenomena;
- Aerial photography and videography of representative local field sites; and
- Cylindrical and spherical panoramic imaging of representative local field sites.