Background of co-organiser
Design For Change (DFC) is a global movement of change – of and by children – founded by Kiran Bir Sethi in 2009 in India. DFC is now in 60+ countries—impacting over 2.2 million children and 65,000 Teachers. DFC China started in 2012 and is dedicated to promoting DFC in mainland China.
In the past two years, DFC China have organized and conducted over 17 introductions and training workshops and programmes in different cities namely Guangzhou, Sichuan, Beijing, Shanghai, and Tsing Tao. Over 1,000 people participated in these trainings of over 100 hours in total; participants mainly came from educational sector including teachers, social workers, university volunteers and staff in social enterprise. These participants brought DFC back to their communities and led children to change their own communities. Every year, selected stories from around the world are invited to share in Be The Change (BTC) – DFC global conference; 2016 BTC was organized by DFC China and held in Beijing, China.
With rapid growth of interest in design thinking in education, DFC China seeks devoted educators who would join us in this movement of change – an empowerment of our children.
For more information of DFC, please visit: http://www.dfcworld.com/SITE/Joinmovement
For more information of DFC-China, please visit: http://dfcchina.net/
This project aims to train educators in using design thinking in education. Design thinking, starting from new business approach, has evolved into different models or framework. DFC follows a simple 4-steps framework: F-Feel, I-Imagine, D-Do and S-Share. DFC is specifically designed to guide children to learn through the process of design thinking. In the process, children will learn to solve problem and bring changes to problems they identified in the community through actions by themselves, and at the end they will share the learning process which helps them consolidate and celebrate their learning and effort. In the whole process, educators are just facilitators who provide guidance in the autonomous learning instead of instructors.
Students will be engaged in DFC design thinking training, delivering DFC workshops and organizing DFC-China annual conference. With the experience of learning, practicing and sharing knowledge of DFC, students should have the tools to start DFC in education context.
In this project, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the innovative and empowering Design For Change;
- Execute design thinking workshops;
- Meet local and foreign educators in Ednovation Fest*; and
- Cultural exchange on community change with educators and students in mainland China in DFC-China annual conference.
In this project, students need to:
- Attend DFC design training workshops;
- Design and conduct a 2-hour design thinking workshop for parents and children (10 families of 1 adult and 1 child each) in Ednovation Fest* (Nov 25, 2018 (Sun)) with support and supervision from DFC-China trainers; and
- Design and conduct design thinking group activities (duration and no. of participants to be decided by students) in DFC-China annual conference on Dec 15, 2018 in Shenzhen.
*For more information of Ednovation Fest, please visit: