Background of Co-organiser
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. Its work includes emergency relief as well as sustainable development programmes that address the needs of the poor at different times by providing appropriate assistance and support.
World Vision also organises advocacy campaigns and offers various educational services such as Vision talks, experiential workshops and online “Issues” page. The aim is to inspire students to join in the fight against global poverty and learn about global issues with Head (Knowledge), Heart (Empathy) and Hand (Action). For details, please refer to: https://www.worldvision.org.hk/learn/index
Develop an advocacy product to raise awareness of secondary school students on global poverty and to call for action. The “product” can be in the form of art installation, exhibition, campaign, social media promotion, a set of e-learning material, etc. Students will join as a team (3-4 students in each team) and develop their team product based on a social issue of their choice. Final product(s) might be promoted and applied at local schools after the product implementation stage.
- The project is specifically designed for students of PGDE programmes to put theory into practice, gain experience and apply practical knowledge.
- Creativity, teamwork, active participation and sensitivity to the learning style of secondary school students are expected.
- Input sessions themed on various poverty issues will enhance students to identify and design their own products. Real-life stories on child marriage, child labor, street child, refugee, etc. will be introduced.
- Students can gain a deeper understanding on world poverty and international humanitarian response.
- Support and guidance will be provided throughout the process, online discussion session(s) can be arranged if necessary.