Background of co-organiser
Founded in 2015 by a group of Hong Kong educators, creative practitioners as well education and social entrepreneurs, Ednovators is dedicated to leveraging innovations and nurturing change makers in education. The organisation aims to co-create and foster a more student-centric learning environment where students grow and learn in different ways and at a different pace.
Jockey Club ‘Ednovation Fest’
Jockey Club ‘Ednovation Fest’ (The Fest) is a pioneer showcase of local and global innovations in education. Year-round events include seminars and panel discussions led by local and overseas social and education pioneers, workshops and incubation programs, all working towards advocating social and education innovations. By exhibiting local and global innovations in schools with teachers and students, the Fest facilitates dialogues between schools and tri-sector pioneers to foster an in-depth understanding and collaboration.
This year’s theme is “Future of Learning”. In a series of events including large-scale experiential days, Future of Learning Symposium, various workshops and dialogue sessions, the Fest hopes to expand the imagination of education through understanding the learning process and the best conditions under which students learn best. We hope the events will foster a deeper understanding on how learning happens, leading towards a redesign of learning journeys that suit students’ needs and enable them to build the future with their own hands.
The Fest is co-organized by Ednovators, EDiversity, Good Lab and HKICC Lee Shau Kee School of Creativity, and generously supported by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust.
For details, please visit:
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ednovationfest/
Details of work for PGDE students
The duties of the role include:
Assist in the organization of Ednovation Fest:
- Provide on-site support for talks and selected workshops on the event days (Full day on both Nov 23 and Nov 30, 2019).
- Document the above activities in the form of written reflection.
- Suggested content for the reflection: Any new insights they gain from the event about Future of Learning, some small steps they can make in work and studies to catalyse innovations in the education sector
- Develop and implement impact measurement tools for the Ednovation Fest Experiential Day. Regular meet-up sessions with the supervisor and the team (a minimum of four sessions) will be provided to co-create the measurement framework and plan for the data collection and analysis process.
- Analyse data collected from the measurement tools and organize findings into program reports.
*Dates and time of negotiable between Ednovators and participants.