Background of co-organiser
Happy Tree hopes to help the weak, sick and poor to improve living condition and live with hope. It wants to be a ‘wound healing’ organisation with a sense of responsibility and compassion towards our neighbouring countries. It believes everyone in the world, especially children, should have the chance to obtain education and the right to pursue their own life.
With the existing service areas including but not limited to Cambodia, India, Yunnan and Sichuan, it strives for its objective to provide medical, educational and social services to the disadvantaged minority over the world.
In this project, UG and PGDE students will work together as a task force to exchange teaching and learning ideas concerning lesson and curriculum design with the full-time teachers of the partnering school in India.
Students will have the chances to:
- Understand Indian social, cultural and educational background;
- Collaborate with UG students and design programme curriculum and prepare teaching materials to be used for teaching;
- Visit schools and slums in India;
- Conduct classroom teaching and learning activities with kids who are in grade 8-12; and
- Have cultural visits in India cities.